Event and Ticket Terms & Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, the “Organiser”, “Us”, “Our”, or “We” means MC Event Management and “Event” shall mean the event printed on this ticket, in this case “The Canadian Bitcoin Conference”.
In addition to those terms and conditions outlined below, any attendee of the Event agrees to the terms and conditions outlined by our ticket agent Oveit.
Tickets are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Nobody will be allowed admission to the Event without a valid ticket or pass.
- All tickets or passes should be checked on purchase, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. Please note that duplicate tickets cannot be issued under any circumstances.
- In addition to the ticket price, your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fee per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the Event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out here.
- If the Event is rescheduled or moved, the Organiser will give you the options of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location. If the Event is cancelled, you may be offered the option to transfer your ticket to a future event or a refund on your tickets. Please note that any Booking Fees and/or Transaction. Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
- If the Event is rescheduled, changed, moved or cancelled the Organiser cannot be held responsible for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation and other related goods, services or compensation.
- Defaced or altered tickets or passes will become void and the holder will be refused admission.
- Tickets cannot be resold for commercial gain. If we have reason to believe that tickets have been re-sold, they will be invalidated, and the holder will be refused admission.
- We may restrict the sale of tickets to a maximum number per person (allocation).
- We reserve the right to cancel tickets bought in excess of this allocation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter or vary the content or timing of any part of the Event in circumstances beyond its reasonable control without any obligation to make any refunds or exchange tickets.
- The e-tickets will be provided to you with your booking confirmation and a copy will be sent to your email address you provided during your purchase. We are not responsible if you provide us with a wrong email address and we will not be able to eissue another ticket.
- What to do if you think a booking receipt is wrong. If you think your booking receipt is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
Admission and onsite terms and conditions
- For the safety of people at the Event, the venue management and the Organiser reserve the right to refuse admission and conduct security searches as they deem appropriate.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder any person appearing to be intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, that is or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately, for any other behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance and annoyance or for failure to comply with the reasonable request of the Organiser.
- The Event will operate in accordance with the latest Canadian Government and Public Health guidelines to keep you safe at our Events. As a result of these measures we may be required to manage the flow of visitors to specific areas of the Event, including, but not limited to, features and exhibition halls, to ensure we remain compliant.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring animals to the Event with the exception of guide, assistance and hearing dogs.
- Please check Event details, agenda and timings prior to travelling as these may be subject to change.
- Please check your route prior to travelling to ensure you arrive on time. The Organiser is not responsible for any delays due to travel disruptions.
- Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in theatres,workshops or performances.
- Video and sound recordings are not permitted during sessions, workshops and presentations of the Event.
Loss or damage
- Neither the Organiser nor the venue operator will be responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury howsoever caused unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations; and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of the breach. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser will not be responsible for the actions of any third party, including, but not limited to, the exhibitors.
- The Organiser does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the Event.
- The views and opinions of the invited speakers to The Canadian Bitcoin Conference (Event) are not those of MC Event Management (Organizer). MC Event Management does not certify the accuracy of information provided by the speakers and does not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by MC Event Management of the speaker’s business.
Information about us and how to contact us
How we collect information
- Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, that is not otherwise publicly available. We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including when you subscribe to or use our products or services; when you subscribe to our newsletters, and similar email notices; when you register for or participate in our events that when you visit our website or the websites of certain third parties and Partners; and when you enter Internet-based contests, promotions or sweepstakes sponsored or administered by us; and when you purchase sponsored Products.
- When you register on our website or for our products and services, we ask for and collect information such as, but not limited to; your name, email address, postal code. For some products and services we may also ask for your address. If you are purchasing something from our store website, we need to know personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. Credit card information will not be shared or sold to unaffiliated third parties for any purpose without your express permission, except as necessary to process the transaction.
- We may send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account, respond to your enquiries, to process your purchases and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service or system maintenance. We may also use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, in accordance with applicable law. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by contacting us. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to marketing emails, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Site, such as service announcements or Account information (where applicable).
Compliance with applicable law
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You assume the risk of sending us any Personal Information you send through the Service.
Links to other sites
- We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services and you use such sites and services at your own risk.
Sharing of personal information with third parties
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may provide personal information about our users to vendors who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality and similar agreements prohibiting such parties’ further use of the information. These companies may use your personal information to help us ship your goods or communicate pick up of your purchase. However, these companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information.
- Governing Law. These terms and conditions and all matters arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions, are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability Indemnification
- You agree to fully indemnify and hold us, our employees and affiliates and third parties harmless against any and all expenses of whatever kind, including legal fees and costs, incurred by Indemnified Party/awarded against Indemnified Party (collectively, “Losses”), arising out of, or resulting from, or relating in any manner whatsoever, loss (including consequential loss) or damages , liabilities, fines that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your attendance, or access to or conduct in connection with the event, including any breach by you of these Terms, willful misconduct, gross negligence or unlawful or wrongful acts.
No Ticket Warranty: THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE AND ANY TICKET OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, AND ANY TICKETS OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
Limitation of Liability: NEITHER SERVICE PROVIDER NOR THE SITE OWNER NOR ANY OTHER INDEMNIFIED PARTY ARE OR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR LOST PROFITS) UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE OR ANY TICKET OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NO INDEMNIFIED PARTY SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR: (I) ANY ACTION OF ANOTHER USER TO THE SITE; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT, OR REMEDY WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF SERVICE PROVIDER OR THE SITE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS, DEFECTS OR OTHER ITEMS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (V) ANY ERROR, MISTAKE, INACCURACY OR OMISSION IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE; AND/OR (VI) ANY LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED TICKETS. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE.
Both parties will use their reasonable best efforts to resolve any dispute hereunder through good faith negotiations. Each Party shall designate an officer with the responsibility and authority to resolve the dispute. Resolution of a dispute shall be in writing and signed by the designated officer, and shall be binding and final. If a resolution is not reached in thirty (30) days of such submission, any Party may seek relief from any court of competent jurisdiction within Toronto, Ontario to resolve the dispute.
You are responsible for any and all legal fees incurred by you or Service Provider associated with your disputed charges and chargebacks for purchases made, or tickets listed.